Tuesday, June 15, 2010

For this reason a woman ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels




Here is our Presiding Bishop, The Most Reverend Katharine Jefferts Schori, vested as the bishop she is. News has come from England that when she preached at Southwark Cathedral, Archbishop of Canterbury Rowan Williams decreed that she could not wear her mitre or carry a crozier. Words such as "petty", "belittling", "insulting" come to mind. On the way to posting something in response, I read this from Fr. Tobias Haller, BSG, who always has good things to say. You can read it for yourself, but key words surely include, "shivering collection of generally pasty male Brits". Read it all here.

2 comments:

  1. I really like this photo of the PB - where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I don't remember where I originally found it. At this point it's just in my Pictures folder.

    ReplyDelete